Mindful Moments Tutoring Policies
Payment for all scheduled sessions is due at the first session. If your child is beginning tutoring sessions in the middle of the month, the amount charged will be prorated. Payment for subsequent tutoring sessions scheduled will always be due at the beginning of the next month. Payment will be accepted by cash, check, or Venmo. If a check is bounced due to insufficient funds, the fee incurred by my bank will be passed onto you. The amount will be added to your total, and payments must be made in cash.
Your child’s payment is $75.00 per session.
If payment is not made at the first session of every month, then your child will not be able to attend tutoring until the payment is made.
Zoom (Remote) Tutoring Sessions
Zoom is a web-based conferencing tool that allows students the option of seeing an online tutor via their computer/laptop which can enhance their tutoring experience.
Requirements for Zoom Tutoring Sessions
- Webcam/Computer camera
- Computer/laptop with reliable high speed internet connection
- Basic knowledge of using a computer and the internet
- A quiet environment (Be sure not to have noise distractions such as music, traffic, pets and/or people in the background of your Zoom session)
- An area for the Zoom session that is well lit
Important Tips and Reminders:
- Zoom sessions are NOT recommended on cell phones.
If you are having difficulty accessing your Zoom sessions, try the following tips:
- Try clearing your Internet History. Then try accessing your Zoom link again.
- If you are still experiencing trouble with accessing your Zoom session, copy the Zoom link and paste it in a different web browser to access your session.
- If you are still experiencing difficulty, accessing your Zoom session, your tutor will try to reach out to you by phone.
- Students must arrive on time for their Zoom tutoring sessions. If students are not present 10 minutes after the scheduled start time, I will reach out via telephone. If they do not show up in 30 minutes their appointment will be canceled, without a refund or option to reschedule.
- Students and tutors must have both their audio and video functions operating and be in a distraction-free environment that is conducive to learning.
- All student-tutor interactions must remain and respectful.
- If a student must cancel an appointment, the student must do so at least 24 hours in advance by calling their tutor.
- Failing to log in to an appointment without giving at least 24 hours notice counts as a no-show.
Please notify me at least 24 hours before your child will not be attending tutoring due to an illness, vacation, or extracurricular activity. I recognize that some illnesses such as the stomach flu or a high fever can cause sudden cancellations. If a sudden cancellation is due to an illness such as this, each student is allowed two late cancellations. On the third late cancellation, I will not allow a make-up session or a refund of that session. Communication in any relationship is important, please keep all lines of communication open with me.
Make-up tutoring sessions will be made available for your child with appropriate notification. Parents also may choose to skip a make-up session and have a prorated session the following month. When a child has been absent due to illness, he/she should not return to tutoring until he/she has been without a fever for at least twenty-four (24) hours.
In the event that I am ill, I will notify you as soon as possible and arrange for make-up tutoring sessions.
If a student cancels more than 3 times in a month, a phone call will be made to the parent at which we will decide if tutoring is a good fit for the family. Tutoring students at this point can opt for “as-needed” tutoring, instead of paying to hold a slot in my schedule.
During extracurricular seasons, a parent may opt to pay to hold a child’s spot in my calendar. The parent will pay for the entire month of sessions to secure the spot. Money will not be returned. Please contact me about rescheduling tutoring due to any sort of conflicting after school activity.
Sometimes behavior can become an issue for tutoring and prevent progress from being made. Tutoring sessions will be more productive if the student comes prepared. Please make sure your student brings current homework, assignments, projects, etc. with them.
Call or text me right away If a student is running late. No additional time will be given or refunded.
At the end of tutoring, please pick your child up promptly. You can expect a quick update from me, including two or three highlights of what was covered during tutoring. If you need to communicate with me about school issues, getting more help, or brainstorming other ways to help your child, please contact me via e-mail and we can set up a time to chat. Often I will include helpful resources for you to read. E-mail is the best way for me to communicate quickly.
Sometimes behavior can get in the way of us getting our work done during a session (think tantrum). I do my best to reward children for good behavior, but if it prevents me from doing the job you are paying me to do, I reserve the right to terminate tutoring. All remaining tutor sessions that are paid for will be refunded.
Your child deserves personalized instruction that caters to their specific needs, personality, and learning style. Learning is not one size fits all, and tutoring shouldn’t be either. I understand the importance of planning individualized tutoring sessions and maintaining great working relationships with students and family members. I can’t wait to work with you and help your child reach their full potential.